Emergency Preparedness Presentations
While COVID-19 has changed how we do things (i.e. virtual meetings and conference calls versus in-person meetings when possible), we do still offer in-person Emergency Preparedness Presentations, free of charge. So if your group is interested in learning more about emergency preparedness or you need a speaker at your next safety, staff or neighborhood association meeting, give us a call!
We have a wide range of topics we can cover, including some of the following:
- Basic Emergency Preparedness
- Severe Weather and Personal Preparedness
- Items to Keep in Your Go-Bag
- Buzzer the Bee Wants You to “BEE” Prepared *appropriate for school-age children
- “Is Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) For You?” *To be followed up with a FULL CERT training in-seat course with the Camden County, MO Community Emergency Response Team
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service and How to Get Started in Amateur Radio
- AND MORE!
Presentations range from 30 minutes to 2 hours (depending on the topic). We can bring free handouts and giveaways. We may hold a raffle for items such as an all-hazard weather radio, emergency preparedness starter kits, etc. at our discretion.
These presentations need to be scheduled in advance.
Here at the EMA, we sometimes have hectic schedules, but we will do what we can to help your group, business, school, etc. learn more about being prepared for emergencies! We are available Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.